The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at https://idpc.org.mt
This document covers:
- Who we are
- Why we collect information
- The types of information we collect about you
- How we collect and use it
- Who we might share this information with
- How long we will keep your information
- Your rights to your information and making a complaint
- Automated processing
Who we are
Empire Pharmacy, Marrit Pharmacy and JBS Wholesale is the trading name of JBS Wholesale Ltd.
You can contact our DPO by:
By writing to:
C/O Data Protection Officer
77,Old Theatre Street
Why we collect information
We process your personal data, which includes information from your e-mails, enquiries verbal and non-verbal communication for the purposes of:
- Your payments – sharing your information with the payment processors who handle card payments on our behalf.
- Marketing – we will only use your personal information for marketing purposes where you explicitly give consent for us to use your personal information for this purpose. We will never pass your information to a third party for marketing purposes unless you consent to this.
- Fulfilling your enquiries – sharing only relevant information third-party organisations to deliver the service you have asked for, for example, with payment processors for fraud prevention purposes, delivery details with our courier partners, e-mail services and communication providers to communicate updates to your order and to answer any queries you send to us or to gather further information to allow our team to safely process your enquiry. We share the minimum amount of information for the relevant purpose
We hold your information only for as long as necessary to provide the services you ask for. You have a right to a copy of the information we hold for you (in paper or electronic form) and generally without charge. You may seek to rectify any inaccurate information.
You also have the right to complain about our use of your personal data. You can contact the Information Commissioner's Office via their website: https://idpc.org.mt/en/Pages/contact/complaints.aspx or by calling (+356) 2328 7100
The types of information we collect about you
When you create an account we will collect information including, for example, your name, email address and phone number.
In addition to this, we will collect information that is relevant to the service(s) in which you are interested or products you have purchased. When you communicate with us we will store that information to allow us to support your ongoing requirements.
How we collect and use it
In order to provide you with the services you request, JBS Co Ltd will collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, e-mails, also any other written and verbal communications.
Who we might share this information with
Some of the companies we use to provide you with the service you request may transfer your data outside the EU. We only use companies that adhere to EU-US Privacy Shield Certification rules and/or Model Contractual Clauses. Further details about the companies we work with and the information they process can be found here.
Our website is maintained by H I Weldrick Ltd. and certain administrative functions will be performed by personnel from this company.
How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as you remain an active customer with us to assist you in placing future orders we will delete your data after a period of 7 years.
Your rights to your information and making a complaint.
You may object to us or any third party we have passed your information to, holding your information. You may lodge a complaint with The Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner’s Office. To make an objection or to request details of the information we hold or request deletion please contact our Data Protection Officer as above.
We do not use automated decision making, including profiling.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations.
Updated May 2018